Homeschool Info and More

On this page you will find information on homeschooling and information on various curriculums available. One in particular will be Bright Minds - Critical Thinking Co ~ at home. You can also visit my website at the following addy: http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

Monday, July 31, 2006

First day of School, right around the corner:)

Wow!!! Where has the summer gone?? Does it seem that summer break gets shorter and shorter each year?? For example, just yesterday at our church service our pastor mentioned how summer was coming to an end. Already??? I thought summer didn't end until Labor Day?? At least that's how it was when I was growing up:)

Well, since school will be starting back up soon; it's time to think about scheduling. Although learning never really ends in our household or any for that matter, we still need to schedule time for certain classes:)

Scheduling is not easy; at least not in our household. But, I still manage to make one, even if I change it many, many times:) First I start with their morning chores. This is how we begin every morning. Get up, brush your teeth, fix your beds, empty trash, clean up kitchen, and clean up the classroom area. We then begin with our daily devotions. After some time spent with family and our heavenly father, we begin our school work. Since I have 5 children that range in age, the older ones pick independent work, so I can have individualized time with the younger ones. Then the older ones have a turn with me and the younger ones have craft time or outside playtime. When my hubby comes in from the office, he never thinks they are actually doing 'school work', because they are not sitting at their desks with their noses in their books:) But, honestly, that's the beauty of homeschooling. We don't need to have our noses in schoolbooks all time:)

I do however, put classes down on paper with times attached and I use this fantastic program called 'The Homeschool Tracker'. With this program I can have each child's information up to date with the classes they are taking, extracurricular activities as well as community service hours. I can schedule assignments and print them out for each child and they can follow along and be sure to be caught up with the required assignments. It is a fantastic program and it makes life alot easier:)

Well, I am off to start my schedule:) Until next time.........

Blessings,
Daisy

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I really enjoy your blog. It is very insightful!
Rebecca (Becki_77 from MOF)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home