Homeschool Info and More

On this page you will find information on homeschooling and information on various curriculums available. One in particular will be Bright Minds - Critical Thinking Co ~ at home. You can also visit my website at the following addy: http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Planning for the new year:)

Well, I am back again and was wondering if you have planned for this coming year. I have finally narrowed down what my children will be doing this year. Yes, I said 'finally':) The reason is because there are soooo many books, and subjects and materials to choose from. If it were up to me they would be doing school work ALL the time!!:) But that's just me, I am a little bit of a NERD:) Not that there is anything wrong with that:) Is there??

Since I have many children in all age and grade ranges it was a challenge to find materials that they would all enjoy. Remember I mentioned about different learning styles? I learned that not all will learn the same and therefore, I can not have just one set curriculum. Of course, I found this out the hard way:( I thought that I could get away with one set curriculum for all my children and that each one would use the other's hand me downs, and I wouldn't have to worry about purchasing more texts just workbooks. Boy, was I wrong!! In the perfect world this might work, but did I mention I have 5 kids with all different kinds of personalities?

Sooooo, after much research, I found different books and programs for all of them. They all love to do computer work, so that was easy:) My older two will be taking courses with the Florida Virtual School (FLVS) which is a free program for those that live in the wonderful state of Florida:) And my younger ones will be using Critical Thinking software. Oh yes, Bright Minds-Critical Thinking has wonderful software programs for all ages. They think they are playing, when in fact they are actually learning. Soooo, me being the 'smart one', decided to incorporate those into my schooling as well.

Now everyone has computer time:) Art is also a big subject in our house, so there will be lots of painting, finger painting, face painting and sketching going on our house this school year:) I will also be teaching them Spanish. Foreign language is a requirement when your child reaches the High School years, so since I speak fluent Spanish I will be teaching them. I purchased Power Glide and will be using that as supplement materials and hope to do 2 years of Spanish in 1 school year. At least that's the plan:)

I have decided to do all my planning on the computer this year since it is much easier to type up lessons plans than it is to write everything down for 5 different children. I found a wonderful program that has 2 versions. The basic version is Free!! That's right Free:) The more advanced version is $35 for a one time fee. No more hidden costs and you will get upgrades when appropriate. This program has been a life saver for me. I am able to input all my kid's information, subjects, grades, activities, schedules and so much more. I will provide the link for this program below.

I will also be providing links to sites that I have found helpful through out the years. I am always researching and find wonderful links that I would love to share with you. Be sure to visit often, because I wouldn't want you to miss anything.

Well, until tomorrow:)
Blessings,
Daisy

My site: http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

Homeschool Tracker (planner online) http://www.tghomesoft.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home