Homeschool Info and More

On this page you will find information on homeschooling and information on various curriculums available. One in particular will be Bright Minds - Critical Thinking Co ~ at home. You can also visit my website at the following addy: http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Very Exciting

Soooo, can I tell you how excited I am to have this blog page. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner:) I have sooooo much information to share, I hardly know where to begin.

I think I will start off with my experience in homeschooling. Ready..... here goes..... I have 5 children and have been homeschooling for 8 years and really see no end in sight for now:) When I first began the adventure of homeschooling, I thought I would be in a group of 'pioneer type' people. You know the type I'm talking about. I thought I would turn into one that would churn butter and grow organic fruits and veggies. Not that there is anything wrong with that:) But boy, was I completely wrong.

My first exposure to homeschool families was when I attended a Florida Homeschool Convention. It is held every year in Orlando during a long weekend. Wow!!! Was I amazed to see that I was not alone in this adventure called homeschooling. I saw many, many families of all sizes and none of them looked like 'The Little House on the Praire' type. (I love that show, by the way!!)

I was also shocked on how many resources were available to me!!! Actually it was a bit of sensory overload:) But nonetheless very interesting. There were many avenues to pursue in the new chapter of our lives and was unsure what to do. I was afraid that I would not pick the 'right' one.

Well, let me tell you that every year has been basically a trial and error with the various curriculums. I have tried many, Sonlight, Abeka, Alpha Omega, Saxon Math, Bob Jones, etc. The list goes on and on. One curriculum that my kids and I truly enjoy is Bright Minds.

Have you heard of them?? Well, if you haven't you must visit my site http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

There are sample pages you can print out and give to your kids to see if they like them. I am sure they will!!!:)

Well, this is all for now. I will post more about specific items that my kids enjoy and how you can incorporate them in your daily activities. Until tomorrow:)

Blessings,
Daisy

3 Comments:

Blogger Leni said...

Welcome to blogland!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home