Homeschool Info and More

On this page you will find information on homeschooling and information on various curriculums available. One in particular will be Bright Minds - Critical Thinking Co ~ at home. You can also visit my website at the following addy: http://www.brightminds.us/web/DaisyS

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Been Away

Sorry I haven't written in some time. It is just a little crazy here with my kiddos and their activities. This is the last few days of summer vacation before we buckle down to doing 'school'. It won't be easy getting the kids up early to start working on their assignments. Although we have a schedule written out, it is not written in stone. All the intentions are there, but if we should get involved in an exciting activity that will take precedent over all the other subjects.

We have what one would call and 'eclectic' style of homeschooling. As much as my husband would want them to sit at their desks and do schoolwork for 8 hours a day; that is just not how it works:) That's why I homeschool and not him:) I do have the subjects written on a daily basis and times with them, but that is more of a guide and not an actual schedule.

My kids are always learning even when we go to the grocery store. So, as long as I keep them learning and wondering about new and exciting things, I feel I am doing my job. That's why my kids are sooo excited to begin next week.

One book I highly recommend to every homeschooler or even those who have thought about homeschooling is 'The Joyful Homeschooler' by Mary Hood. She is an awesome person and author. I had the pleasure of meeting her and working with a few years ago and it was an amazing experience.

Another thing I would recommend for new homeschoolers and veteran homeschoolers is to get involved in other homeschool groups; either online or in your community. It feels good to be able to share experiences with other moms and the children all have something in common:)

This is all for now, I will be back soon:)

Many Blessings,
Daisy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home